To really understand the TCP/IP protocols and applications means reading traces!
We have provided traces of various kinds including SSL, IPv6, and of course,
TCP, UDP, and ICMP. We also have a guidebook so that you can see exactly the
problem being illustrated and what packets are important to examine.
You may want to use the student lab if you are starting on a new project and
want to know what traces might be like for the new protocol.
We can also provide an expert who can guide you through the traces. If you have
a trace of your own that you would like help with, please contact us at: (831) 659-8360.
For more on this service, please click
You may buy a ticket which gives you an entire day's use for $50. If you need more
time, you can buy multiple days at a discount.
Single Day Ticket : $50
Seven Day Ticket : $250
One Month Ticket : $500
Here are some of the sample traces that you can learn about.
Base TCP, UDP, ICMP Traces
- TN3270 connection - start to finish
- TN3270 connection - view data as screens
- TCP - application not available (SYN/RST)
- TCP - FTP Out of Order and Retransmits
- UDP - SNMP Get Bulk - Good Transmission
- UDP - SNMP Get Bulk - Header Error
- UDP - Fragmentation and Reassembly
- ICMP - many types
- ICMP - Time To Live Expired
- SSL - SSL connection rejected by z/OS
- SSL - Good SSL connection - unneeded reset at end
- SSL - Bad Handshake - DB2 Configuration Wrong
- SSL - DB2 Packet and data trace
- SSL - FTP Packet and data trace
- SSL - TN3270 Packet and data trace
- SSL - Good and Bad Handshakes
- IPV6 - Good FTP
- IPV6 - Teredo Tunnel Traffic
- IPV6 - Tunnel Broker Traffic
- IPV6 - 6 to 4 Tunnel Traffic
- IPV6 - Link Local MultiCast Name Resolution
- IPV6 - DNS - Unicast and MultiCast
- IPV6 - Access Dual Stack Websites
- IPV6 - DNS to Anycast F-Root Internet Server